Thursday 1 October 2009

An afternoon scrapping..

Well after being disappointed that my parcels of stash didn't arrive in the post this morning i thought i would treat myself to an afternoon of scrapping once i got the food shopping. Amazingly I was actually feeling quite inspired to scrap and that was without reading the new "kick it up" book that arrived from amazon today - I will save that to read later on.

This first lo was inspired by pencillines sketch 154. I set this as a challenge for some of my uks teamies and I knew immediately that i would use the baby scan pictures for this one. I have used the new fancy pants little sprout paper and I think the lo has worked out well.
The second lo was inspired by sarahscardsblog - link on right side of my blog. The lo that inspired me was Rachel (you can also see her blog - rewardingmemories) and its the birdie lo that was the basis for this lo. The paper is the sassafrass range and I thought the colours matched well. The journalling on this lo is similar to my last blog entry.
The third lo has been inspired by twisted sketches number 16. Its not an exact take on the sketch - mine never normally are but it was the sketch that inspired me to do this. The photos were taken with my friends baby Oscar a few weeks ago and we commented that we were "practising to be parents" at the time so its rather apt that i used this as the title for the lo. There is also journalling on the lo too.

My final lo wasn't really inspired by anything. I printed the photos a couple of days ago and it just came together really. I have again used sassfrass papers - anthem. The photos were taken when Iain did a 10km race in May. I was really proud of his time. He wanted to do an hour but took just very slightly over due but it was an excellent achivement and he raised money for the British Heart Foundation too so a worthy cause.
Well thats all for now. Hopefully my packages will arrive tomorrow. I could also do with the baby arriving shortly as I am running out of photos to scrap and need a new subject matter!....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Fab los like the photos of you and iain with oscar and the red bus lo looks great with those pp and i love the baby scan one those pp are cute am sure bubba will be here before you know it and you will be trying to find the time to scrap then lol

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Wow !!!!
how the heck did you do 4 such gorgeous LO's in an afternoon!

Hope the stash and little one arives soon xxx

Uma said...

fabulous los as usual, love the sassafras