Saturday 9 January 2010

The cot, snow and some more lo's..

Good evening,
Well another day at home due to the snow! Over the last couple of days I have been making Emily's room look more like a nursey so I finally got around to making up the cot finally. I put her in it this evening for a while and she seemed to really enjoy being in there, I think she likes the space as she kept stretching her arms out- she does this in the crib and basket but finds the edge of those quite quickly! I am pleased that the room is looking better and think the cot looks nice made up.
Well, we have been stuck at home all week due to the snow, Its snow on snow on snow out there and we must have about 6inches of the stuff now its driving me nuts. It might look pretty but there comes a point when enough is enough. This is a view from our bedroom window.
The only good thing about being stuck at home is that I have had plenty of time to do scrapbooking, cleaning, even the washing and ironing is all up to date...and of course sort the nursery!
This first LO is made using basic gret indian summer papers, Ithink this lo has come together really well. These are some photos taken at my sisters last month where the dog and Emily met i was a bit worried how it would go but Taali was very gentle it was quite sweet.
This second lo is one i sketched out and planned a while back but only just got around to scrapping it. These are the MME beloved papers and perfect for the photos. Sadly this picture doesn't really do the lo justic it looks much better in the flesh! These photos were taken when Emily was about an hour old, Iain was still wearing his sterile clothes.
I decided to do the 2010 scrap weekly challenge. I started the scrap like you mean it last year but gave up after about 8 prompts as I ended up in hospital and with all the pregnancy illness it was some months before i did any scrapbooking again. I started doing the SLYMIin 8.5x11 so i thought i would start this one in the same size. I am just going to do the promts that I like the look of. This week the promts were to use a photo of me, papers I had been saving and something about the years plans so here it is - the lovely Prima my mommy and me papers i was saving these until I had Emily so I thought its about time I put them to good use. I have scraped a little about it being a different start to the year being on maternity leave, then wanting to loose weight and looking forward to my sisters wedding in March.
This final lo is a scraplift insired by of the gogo kit dt gallery lo's. The photo was perfect so i didn't have to think about this one too much.
Right thats all for now, hoping to get out tomorrow and Iain is home so doubt I will get around to doing any scrapbooking tomorrow.
Thanks for reading
Elaine x





5 comments:

Uma said...

fab LOs, love those papers - looks like your making use of that mountain of stash LOL lovely cot, Emily looks so cute in it

Amanda said...

Great los your doing really well whilst bein stuck indoors hope you manage to get out tommorow love the cot photo she seems to look like she loves it and the quilt is very pretty

MiniOwner said...

Love these pages, Elaine.
Sue x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Beautiful layouts Elaine, love that on of DH in his scrubs.

Emily looks a picture in her little dress in the cot....

Mel said...

Fabby LO's. I'm sick of the snow too.