Wednesday 4 July 2007

Home now...

Just thought I would upload some holidya piccies. I have just downloaded them to the pc (that was a job in itself as the camera battery had gone flat) I have not had chance to scrapbook these yet but thought I had better share some!
This first picture was taken on Comino - its a small island off Malta and we had lots of fun getting a speed boat over to the Island. We then had to climb what was like a mountain but it was worth is as this was the kind of view you got as seen in this photo - the island behind me across the water is Gozo. It was on the top of Comino that I got sunburnt!
This second photo was taken on Monday. We are at the aviation museum. It was a really interesting place and I learnt a lot about WW2 and the importance of Malta. I did not realise this before. My great uncle was based in Malta and my Grandad North Africa although I believe he was in Malta briefly too. I had no idea of the history there and I think I need to do a little more reading on the subject. It was a really interesting place to go. The photo is me with a map of malta behind this is a photo I would really like to scrapbook so just need to think of a theme for the page now.

The holiday was great we did a lot and relaxed a lot. It is also as nice to be home and in my own bed though! Just catching up on the washing mountains now!

No comments: